A report in the Friday edition of the Borhamwood & Elmstree Times has told of how Wycombe Wanderers will not be pursuing interest in Stags duo Alex John Baptiste and midfielder Giles Coke.
The duo had expected to be the subject of bids during the transfer window, and early January rumours had hinted that Wycombe were prepared to bid for the duo in a joint transfer bid, however the deal is now dead in the water. (See full article below)
Borhamwood & Elmstree Times - Friday 5th January
WANDERERS have pulled out of the race to sign Mansfield Town duo Giles Coke and Alex Baptiste after being put off by the Stags asking price.
Blues had been tracking 20-year-old midfielder Coke and 20-year-old defender Baptiste for a while but have now withdrawn their interest.
Wanderers boss Paul Lambert said yesterday: "They were players we were interested in but it is dead now.
Coke has been interesting Wolverhampton Wanderers and Northampton Town while Baptiste is currently being tracked by Nottingham Forest and Norwich City.
Lambert has now switched his attention to other targets with a defender his top priority.
He said: "I'm still trying to bring one or two more in."